Terms and Conditions
Reservations are binding and shall be regarded as a mutual contract. When the booking is confirmed, at least 20% of the total amount is due immediately. Up to the date or on the day of arrival, the guests shall pay the remaining amount for their stay. Additional costs are to be paid in cash on the day of departure.
If you book upon arrival, the whole amount must be immediately paid in cash.
- up to 3 months before the trip begins = 30% of the booking amount
- up to 1 month before the trip begins = 50% of the booking amount
- 29 – 5 days before the trip begins = 80% of the booking amount
- up to 4 days before the trip begins = 100% of the booking amount
Costs not included in the arrangement
- Bookings and reservations of excursions are binding and must be immediately paid in cash.
- Extraordinary costs such as alcoholic beverages must be paid at departure at the latest.
- Excursions that are not part of the arrangement need to be coordinated 1 – 2 days beforehand.
- The staff and tour guide are familiar with the local conditions. They decide whether a tour needs to be cancelled due to safety reasons (e.g. bad weather). Good weather is not guaranteed. Just like almost everywhere in the world, Ecuador’s weather cycle has changed as well. If booked excursions can’t happen because of the weather, it goes without saying that we’ll try to reschedule or compensate for them in some other way.
Liability / Due diligence obligations
The entire property as well as the furnishings, staff and animals are to be treated with respect. The guest or company has to pay for any material damage that may have occurred. Hacienda El Dorado refuses any liability pertaining to robbery, etc., and in relation to the performance of a third party.
- Any and all insurances are the responsibility of the guest.
- Unless stated otherwise, the prices include the customary sales tax.
Applicable law / Place of jurisdiction
The legal relationship between you and the Hacienda El Dorado is subject to Ecuadorian law. Guayaquil is the agreed place of jurisdiction.
Room & House Rules
Arrival & departure
- Check-in on the arrival date from 03:00pm
- Check-out on the departure date from 11:00am
Breakfast & dinner
- Breakfast is available from 7:30am – 10:00am. Please inform the staff about your preferred breakfast time the evening before.
- Dinner is available from 06:00pm – 08:00pm. Please inform the staff about your preferred dinner time and menu choice at breakfast (fish, chicken, meat or vegetarian).
- Please be mindful of the environment during your stay. Please be especially careful with your use of water and electricity.
- Please notify the staff directly of any problems or complaints you may have.
- Always store valuables in the room safe (the manual is available directly next to it). The Hacienda El Dorado is not liable for any stolen or lost valuables.
- We reserve the right to annul the contract with guests who do not observe the house rules, damage, injure or threaten the staff, other guests or the facilities.